Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Iceless?"

"Iceless?" is the title of the new piece in the "Offerings" series. As usual, I had some unexpected problems crop up when I was putting the last pieces together so I had to fix them but all and all, I think it works. With this one again, everything is done by hand. The embroidery on the felted outside is done with threads of different textures and thicknesses, the embroidery inside with 1 strand of embroidery floss.

I know it is difficult to get a good idea of these pieces from pictures, particularly from snapshots like mine! But at least you get a "little idea"! I feels so good to have that piece finished when it has been in progress for so long. These last few days, which I have spent mostly in the studio, have been wonderful and I am a different woman when I can do that!


"Iceless?"


Detail of the closure


When the first part of the box is opened




View from above


Close up of the embroidered trees


View of the box when the second part is opened




...and from above
Close up of the inside panel


Close up of the necklace











Add Image

3 comments:

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

amazing...the trees so speak to me...love the work...beautiful

rebecca

Gabriela said...

Martine, so incredible ingenious and beautiful!!!!Thanks for sharing,

Gabriela

solange said...

C'est très beau!! Que ce soit l'intérieur ou l'extérieur tout est parfait comme d'habitude.