Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New work





I have just finished the newest piece in my "Offerings" series. This one is called "Where the power is". I have not had a chance to have it professionally photographed so these few snapshots are its first public appearance. Since I have started working on this series almost a year ago, I have had several pieces critiqued by art professionals and the comments and suggestions I received have been invaluable and have helped me improve my concept. I feel so lucky to be able to get these critiques.

It has been an exciting time with lots of ideas coming into my mind. It also has been quite often painful and uncomfortable because, since the design for each piece is different, I have to solve new "technical" problems each time and am never sure that when I put all the pieces together they will work. When I feel discouraged and think that I am wasting my time, I try to put things back in perspective and tell myself that first of all, even if it does not work all I lose is some time and second, that usually even a problem seems to completely block the way, if I give it enough
time a solution will most likely come to my mind....and the most surprising is that it usually does!








No comments: