Monday, June 30, 2008

Workshop at QSDS




I just came back from taking my dyeing workshop at QSDS. Carol's workshop was without a doubt one of the most informative and enriching workshops I have taken. It was also quite intense at times, particularly when we had to calculate proportions and measurements to get a certain color (my brain has somewhat of an aversion for numbers!). One of the goals of the workshop was to put together a book of coded swatches, an invaluable resource to duplicate the colors or just get an idea of what colors would look like together. I am including a photo of some of the pages of my book. My mind is still reeling and as I was driving all the way back from Ohio, I found myself looking at the trees, flowers or rocks on the side of the road and trying to think what codes that might be! Was that a complete immersion (ha ha) in the world of dyeing or what?



In any case, to anyone interested in learning more about dyeing their own fabrics, yarns, threads or learning about color theory and using the color wheel in a way that makes sense (it never had really for me until now), Carol's workshop (or any other she teaches) is definitely well worth your time and money.

No comments: