Monday, July 14, 2008

Quilt Fest in Jonesborough, TN

I am getting ready to go to Jonesborough, TN, charming little town, to teach at Quilt Fest. This is a yearly event organized by the quilt store Tennessee Quilts and lots of fun. Workshops are now held in a convention center in Johnson City. I am teaching some of my favorite subjects (hand quilting, crazy quilting with a modern twist) and the other is how to draw quilting designs. I know there are computer programs but for me, holding the pencil, drawing lines freely and seeing what happens when I reverse-combine-multiply the image with tracing paper, is such a pleasure and one of the design steps I enjoy the most.
So for now, the new piece I have in my head and just started working on has to wait! I have done some drawings and I have started building the structure that will be covered with embroidered/quilted fabric but this is really not much.

No comments: