Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nature wonders

The exhibit opening at the Burton Gallery was wonderful. It was a lot of fun to visit with other artists and talk to people. Demos were staged outside and the weather could not have been kinder. Outside the studio of one of my friends, that we were visiting the next day, a huge tulip tree was shedding seed pods.
It always amazed me how beautiful the little details of nature are. And I always see them with a needle, fabric and beads in mind. On days when other things are not going too well, when all the news in the media are rather grim, I think it does help to stop for a moment, look around and be thankful to be able to see and enjoy all these riches.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

Hi martine! I have this tree also....Our pods dropped a while back...It is a very interesting seed pod...Every time I look at it there's something different!