Sunday, November 2, 2008

Campbell School, part 2

After being the teacher, I went back last week to the Campbell School but this time as a student. Two or three years ago while I was teaching, Steve Artz , an artist from California, was teaching enameling. When I went to see what he and his students were working on, I realized that they were doing with copper and enamel almost the same thing as what we were doing in my class with fabrics and thread. I was so fascinated and in awe that I had wanted to take his class ever since...and I finally did


The class, that he co-taught with another great enamelist and teacher, Jackie Spencer, was everything I was hoping for and more. My mind is still reeling at the possibilities and I can't wait to finish what I have to do and the project I am working on to start another one incorporating enamels and fabrics. I think it is soooo exciting


Steve and Jackie were so very generous with their knowledge, creativity, time and materials. Steve had made some beautiful albums that he gave us to display what we made during the week. He had brought many of these books that he had filled in the course of time and I tell you, what a pleasure for the eyes and for the mind


So here I am sharing some of what I did in class and I hope I will have time to work with these techniques and improve my skills. If you ever want to take a great class, there it is!


























No comments: