Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New "Offering": it is finished!

I just put the finishing touches to my new "Offering" , titled "Mumtaz Mahal" and I took a few quick snapshots, which I am sharing here.
In the 17th century, Mumtaz Mahal was married to Emperor Kurram as his 3rd wife and she became his favorite. When she died, he was so devastated that he had a mausoleum built for her, the Taj Mahal. I am just wondering what sort of a woman she was to inspire such a love and become the reason for the creation of one of the wonders of the world. Can you imagine?

So I made this “Offering” thinking of her and used symbols and colors found in Indian art (the red color, the tree of life, and the paisley design, to name a few). Even though the box is not a representation of the Taj Mahal, that incredible building definitely fed my imagination.

After some 240 hours of work, I feel that I have put so much effort into it that I am not sure that I still like it. I know I need to leave it alone and go away from it for a few days before I can enjoy it again!

And now, on to the next thing!

2 comments:

Gabriela said...

WOW MARTINE!!!!!!
IT IS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND THE NECKLACE?

WOW< I WISH I COULD BUY ONE>>>>>

Gabriela said...

Oh, and if you find YOU REALLY DON'T LIKE IT, BEFORE HEADING TO THE TRASH BIN , SEND IT TO ME!!!LOL