Friday, February 13, 2009

Doing this work is so exciting!


I have built the basic structure of my new "Offerings" and I am now drawing the embroidery/quilting designs for the outside. I just love this stage of the work. It is so much fun to create a design that fits in a specific area and for a definite technique. It is also at this point that one idea feeds another one and so, I never know what is coming next!

I do use reams of tracing paper because once I have the structure or plan drawn, I draw the embroidery designs on separate pieces of tracing paper so that I can fold and trace the symmetrical parts, slide one element under it and trace it multiple times and just see how the design looks within its allotted space. Next step is thinking about color or more precisely, finding the color I am thinking of.
...to be continued!

No comments: