Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend workshop

As I work on my "Offerings" and have to solve more and more technical problems, I realize how many different skills and knowledge of different media I have to have. So, I am slowly learning them one at a time. This past weekend I took a 1 1/2 day beginning silversmithing workshop at the Craft Center of my community. The instructor was Dan Haga from Charlotte, NC. We made a pair of silver earrings and two silver bracelets. The jewelry itself, although beautiful, was not my main reason for taking the workshop. I just wanted to get more familiar with working with metal and wire, learn how to manipulate and bend it and also how to solder. This was really a great start and Dan a very knowledgeable and personable instructor. I could really get addicted to this metal thing!

No comments: