Monday, March 2, 2009

Exhibit at the Sautee Nacoochee Center

My friend Marilyn Wall, who belongs as I do to the group Focus Fabric Art, and I were both guest artists at the Fiber Soup Group exhibit, which is taking place at the Sautee Nacoochee Center in GA until the beginning of April. The opening was Saturday evening and Marilyn and I were at the center "demoing" our techniques in the afternoon. It is quite a nice exhibit and a number of people came through. I am impressed with how active this art center seems to be.
The day before was "play day" and one of my friends from GA had invited her group of friends to her studio and we had a "stitching" day. I showed them some of the techniques from my new class (hand quilting: old technique, new possibilities) and I think they enjoyed it. I did.
It was very nice to spend a few days with friends who have the same passion, particularly after a very stressful week.

Play day with friends

Part of the exhibit

Marilyn showing her fabric painting technique

Marilyn (leff) and I in front of our work

No comments: