Thursday, March 12, 2009

Center for Craft Creativity and Design

I took the afternoon off yesterday, which was very nice after several stressful weeks, and among other things went to the Center for Craft Creativity and Design in Hendersonville.
Here is the link to their website if you want more information: http://www.craftcreativitydesign.org

The current exhibit, Soul's Journey: Inside the Creative Process, is quite interesting. A number of media are represented (wood, glass, fiber, clay, metal...) I knew some of the artists, some others I did not. All the work was inspiring but of course I had my favorites and I came home quite energized and happy to have learnt about several artists that I did not know before.

The Center also presents a video of some of the artists working. I think the total video lasts 2 hours, so I watched only part of it about Michael Sherrill, who leaves in Hendersonville. It was a treat not only to see his work progress, but to hear his thoughts about what he does and how he works with metal, clay and class and uses all three in his pieces.

This exhibit is on until April 24, 2009 and if you live in Western North Carolina or are travelling through, it is worth the visit.

No comments: