Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Near disaster

My planets must not be aligned right lately because I have had more bad things happen! I have been working (not as much as I would like) on my newest piece and was trying to put some Fray Check at the end of a gold braid to prevent it from fraying before I finished couching it down. I know to be very careful with Fray Check...but lo and behold, next thing I know there is a big (really big) blog of Fray Check on the panel that is almost done (saved for that little bit of braid to finish sewing). Panic? yes, I rushed to the faucet and splashed the whole thing with water so that the stuff would not sink in the fabric and be impossible to remove. It worked mostly and I was able to peal most of it off. I only have to redo a small part of the blue embroidery.

At least now, I know these panels are washable!

But does this happen only to me? It seems that with just about every single project I do something like that.



Here is the panel that needs to be fixed.

And here is another finished panel.

No comments: