Monday, June 22, 2009

Working with wire

It has been a while since I had anything to say on this blog considering that I have been glued to the computer working on translations. So, finally, on Saturday I was able to take a wire wrapping class from Charlotte Caughman at Tryon Crafts, a great craft center where I live.


I feel that learning more about working with metals will be very helpful both for my "Offerings" and for the small copper enamel/fabric pieces. It will make it easier to make much better decorative elements to add to them. A surprising fact (to me), is that the more I handle the metal, the more I am enjoying it. It is so very different from the feel of fabrics, yet I think both work so wonderfully together. In my quest for textures, having the skills to add metal elements is such an added bonus! A new addiction????....(that requires new toys!)
Here is what I made in class:

No comments: