Thursday, July 9, 2009

No creativity

I am still around even though I have not added any post in days...I just have had nothing to write about. I have spent the last month and a half or so working all day on the computer for other professional reasons, with no time and absolutely no energy left for studio work. It seems that my brain has been sucked dry of all creativity right now. I know it will come back and may be an "inactive" creative cycle will prove to be a good thing. Got to think positive! I am sure many of you are confronted to the same problem, basically "life getting in the way" (although I do not like that phrase). How do you cope?Do you try to read art related publications even if you actually do not do anything in your studio? Do you daydream about what you might do when you have the time and the energy again? Or make a point of spending a few minutes in the studio each day even if it is only to tidy it?

1 comment:

Carol Sloan said...

I'll tell you what I (try) to do. I have a few pieces of plain paper or fabric laid out that I paint, collage or glue things to. I can do a couple of easy layers a day (or a week) and they are non-stressful, non-creative....just a layer of paint or fabric or paper. It really helps me to focus on something besides my "non creative" state of mind.And after 3 or 4 layers I have created this wonderful piece of paper fabric (or fabric paper) that I can use on something else.