Monday, July 20, 2009

Southern Highland Guild Fair

After a teaching a workshop to a great group of ladies in Hendersonville, NC on Friday, I spent Saturday and Sunday demonstrating silk paper making and embellishments at the Southern Highland Craft Guild Fair at the Civic Center in Asheville, NC.
Many people walked by, asked questions and seemed really interested in learning more about silk paper. I think several of them are going to try it and I think that is wonderful. I also had a chance, although very little time, to see some of my friends and people I know and whose work I love (actually every artist at the Fair shows incredible work). I visited my friend Judy Simmon's booth (I am sorry that my pictures are a bit blurry and do not do justice to her beautiful booth), the J.C. Campbell Folk School booth (always a treat), one of my most favorite bead artist, Amolia Willowsong's booth. I think her jewellery is some of the most delicate, refined and tasteful that I have ever seen.
Then you can see my little corner, which was home for 2 days.

The next Southern Highland Guild Fair will be from October 15 to 18, 2009 at the Civic Center in Asheville, and for the first time, I will have a booth. So I hope you will come and say hello!

(Don't worry I will remind you closer to the date!)




Judy Simmons's booth















The Campbell School's booth



Amolia Willowsong's booth


My deno booth

No comments: