Monday, January 25, 2010

Inspiration

For a number of years I have had the book called "The Impetus of Dreams", a collection of watercolor paintings by Daniel Merriam. I just love it: the jewel tones, the shapes, the content that is often most unexpected....and the details! Every time I look at the images, I discover new things. There are so many levels and layers in these paintings, both esthetically as well as conceptually.

So I was leafing through this wonderful book recently and it gave me the inspiration for my new "Offering". Of course, my box will not look like anything he painted but his art was the sparkle that started my inspiration.

This box is probably going to be quite different from the others, just because I am using colors that I do not often use, or rather that I do not use together. So that is really fun. I am also trying out new materials and techniques...a bit dangerous but fun also. So we shall see how this goes. I will certainly keep you posted!
One more things: for the past few days, I have been able to work all afternoon and into the evening in my studio. That feel sooooo good!

3 comments:

pnewl said...

those colors look like spring. hoping it will join us soon?

Dianne Robinson said...

Your new work looks very intriguing. And I loved your pictures of France.

Amanda said...

I've just bought this book! Looking forward to the inspiration.