Friday, April 15, 2011

Bees- day 3

I had to open the hives this morning to check the feeders and refill them. I was not sure at all what to expect. I must say, I was very surprised at how placid the bees were. When I removed the feeders, some bees were on them, but all I had to do was brush them carefully away.
It looks like they have been chewing on the sugar candy to liberate the queen, so that is good news, and may be the queens are out in the hive already. I have to be patient and wait another couple of days before I can check that for sure. So, so far, so good!
You can see the queen cage on the left half of the picture.
Next time I open the hive, I will have to smoke the bees (and try not to fry them!) and take out some of the frames to make sure the queen is out and has started laying eggs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

Well over 160000 women and men are using a easy and SECRET "liquid hack" to drop 2 lbs every night in their sleep.

It's very simple and it works every time.

Here's how you can do it yourself:

1) Hold a clear glass and fill it half glass

2) And now do this amazing hack

and become 2 lbs lighter the next day!