Monday, April 11, 2011

Ready for the bees!

Two more days before I go pick up my bees! it is exiting and scary too. I am not scared of the bees but there is just so many things to remember.
This is the back of the hives. The entrance of the hives is facing South/East.
A couple of weeks ago, John and I had dug the bases for the hives and stacked up cinder blocks. Yesterday, I brought the hives down on the bases. Right now, I left the frames only in the bottom box.
And here is the front. I blocked the entrance with newspaper so that no unwanted creature can get in!
The top box is without frames so that I can put feeders with sugar syrup in there. Once I don't have to feed the bees any more and they have built combs on just about all those frames, I will add the frames in the upper box.

No comments: