Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Nature's free show

Everything around us has been so negative these past few months. Just listening to the news is enough to send you in the deepest depression! May be it is time to remember that, even though times are hard and it will be difficult to find the extra cash to visit a show or buy an art book, there is a constant free exhibit around us if we care to look. I try to remind myself everyday and it seems to always improve my mood. A few days ago, I looked outside early in the morning and saw a beautiful dawn sky: just the edge of the clouds was colored. It was really very nice and I went back inside to get my camera. It did not quite capture it but is still a nice image.



Then just a few minutes ago, I was taking my dog out and a flock of birds of prey flew just overhead. The sun was very low and when these birds, which looked black against the sky, flapped their wings, the sun just caught their edges and it looked like blackbirds with golden wings. It was actually quite incredible. Unfortunately, no camera available and even so, I probably would not have gotten a good shot. But anyway, it really pays to look up or around!

No comments: