Monday, September 14, 2009

art all around


It seems that I can get out of the studio but the studio never leaves my mind! While we were in Canada this past week, I we were surrounded by beautiful colors: chartreuse lichen, turquoise lakes and deep green moss...not to mention wonderful textures of rocks, stumps and driftwood! I certainly added to my collection of photos , some of which may one day find their way into my work in one form or another. Here are some of these pictures:












We started our hikes early in the morning, so for a couple of hours, we had the trails pretty much to ourselves. When we were at Moraine Lake, the place where the stream comes down from the glacier to feed the lake felt like a very special place, a place where I could sit for hours and soak up the peace.

No comments: