Monday, September 28, 2009

More wire wrapping

Even though I did not really have the time, I took another wire wrapping class this weekend, from Sonia Arnold, a jeweller who lives in my area. It was really a great class and I feel that little by little I am learning about this wire and metal thing! Even though my goal is not ultimately to use these techniques for jewellery, I do enjoy making it! Now I have some ideas for closures for my new Offering that I think I can implement... if I ever get to work on it!











Speaking of which, thanks to Carol Sloan who recommended Robert Saluda's website, I found a book (The Elements of Pop-Up by David Carter and James Diaz) with all the info I need for pop up construction techniques. I had visited that website but for some reason had missed the bibliography page! I think pop ups in fabrics have so much potential! I can't wait to play with it.

1 comment:

Carol Sloan said...

I'm so glad that you could find what you needed. Your wire wrapping looks great!