Friday, November 20, 2009

Progress

I have spent the last 2 days in the studio and I am intending to spend the next 2 in the same place! I did need this to keep my sanity. So, that also means that I have made some progress on my box (finally!) and I am beginning to put things together. This afternoon, I had to figure out some hinges and I am thrilled. I found out that by using gray non-woven stabilizer and rust Lumiere paint,
then adding a coat of polyurethane on top, I end up with something that really looks like old metal and blends perfectly with the panels.

The last thing I want is for the hinges to be obvious...so I am pleased.

1 comment:

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Martine...your newest work is just amazing...I'm loving the texture you're getting with manipulation...so anxious to see it in person, know it will be breathtaking.