Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Studio time

I gave myself Sunday afternoon to spend in the studio regardless of how much (other) work I still had to do....and it was wonderful! I felt so energized even after just a few hours. I am really very unhappy if I cannot spend any time creatively. So I did make a little progress on my new box, which was started....many months ago! I can start gluing some of the finished panels on the shapes. These panels (photos below) are for the outside of the box and are made of wool roving needle felted into wool fabric (with lots of texture) then embroidered and embellished. The little blue thing is actually a little stone I collected on the beach in France and it is more gray and less blue than it shows on the picture.
The colors of the photo above are more accurate, those on the close up picture below are not.

I have also decided not to include any pop up elements in this box. The shape of the box is already fairly complex and I just feel that it would take me a lot of thinking and experimenting, for which I do not have the mental energy and freedom or the time right now. I want to finish this project, which has been in progress far too long. BUT I will definitely use the pop up idea in another one!

No comments: