Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dyed fabrics

I have dyed the fabrics for my new "Offerings" piece. As usual, I like fabrics with different contents and sheen to add interest and texture. On the picture, from left to right: small piece of silk/linen blend, 2 large pieces of cotton velveteen, 1 large piece of silk/cotton blend. The colors are ok but I must say that I can't wait until June to take the 7-day workshop with Carol Soderlund at QSDS in Ohio ( here is the link to the workshop page on Carol's website: http://www.carolsoderlund.com/workshops.html). I have heard so many wonderful things about her workshops and I think what I learn with her will give me so much more control. Right now, I do have an idea of what I want when I start dyeing but it seems that the result is never exactly what I had envisioned and I have to make do with what I get rather than get what I really want! Hopefully that will soon be corrected!

No comments: