Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crazy quilt workshop

Twenty ladies from the Asheville Quilting guild in NC and I had a busy day yesterday working on crazy quilting. I always think it is so exciting to see my students have fun with a new technique and get so very enthusiastic about it (hard to break for lunch!). It is also fun to watch how personalities come through in the different projects. I just hope that I emphasize enough that everyone should be doing what it is that makes them feel good and not listen to well-meaning peer pressures. It think it was one of the hardest lessons I learnt.

Here are some examples of pieced blocs at the end of the morning, so colorful and happy. Unfortunately, I cannot include images of everyone's work . (I hope I am keeping images and names straight. I apologize in advance if I make mistakes!)



Blocks by Maria Knox and Nancy Nealon

Look at those gorgeous colors!













Nancy Mathewson

And just the beginning of the embroidery:







Embroidery by Nancy Mathewson and
Peggy Tobin

No comments: