Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Turner to Cezanne" exhibit

My friend artist Pat Kilburg and I went to Columbia, SC, yesterday to see the Turner to Cezanne exhibit at the Museum of Art. The exhibit is there until June 7, 2009 and then will travel to 3 other cities (I don't know which, but I am sure the Museum would know - 803.799.2810.) The works are from the Davies collection, two sisters that collected 19th and 20th century paintings. They appreciated a style that was not yet truly accepted in the art world at the time and the National Museum of Wales is loaning part of their collection for us to enjoy. The exhibit also includes works by Corot, van Gogh, Manet, Monet...to name just a few. Both Pat and I really loved two paintings by Corot in particular, which give out a wonderful feeling of light and peace. If you have a chance to see the exhibit, do it! For more information about about tickets, opening hours, etc., visit: http://www.columbiamuseum.org/visit/FAQs.php

No comments: